Being one of the most popular social media platforms, Instagram marketing is something to be considered actively. With 2 million monthly advertisers and over 25 million business accounts, Instagram creates more than 95 million posts every day.
This ultimate guide aims to give you useful tips to successfully implement Instagram marketing:
Tips to get more followers on Instagram
Setting up an Instagram is the first and foremost thing that you have to do. You have the option to either create a personal account or a business account. Since the main aim is to promote your business through Instagram marketing, you can create a business account.
Moreover, it comes with its own set of advantages like functionality to add links to stories and to create shoppable posts.
Having said that, let’s look at the following tips to make the most out of your Instagram account:
1. Optimize your Instagram profile
You only get a single chance to make the first impression to engage and convert your leads into customers. Hence, having an optimized profile is of prime importance in Instagram marketing. Try a few of the points below to optimize your Instagram profile:
- Choose a profile name that signifies your brand
- Create an engaging bio to tell your story and showcase your brand to your visitors
- Add a link to your website in your bio. Try to make it short so that it is easy to track
- Display and promote branded hashtag in your bio
- Make sure that the profile picture is of high quality
- Come up with a color palette for your brand and be consistent in using it
2. Leverage all types of Instagram content formats
Instagram gives a lot of content formats to display and promote your product. Instagram stories, IGTV, Highlights, and lives are the most popular content format that will come in handy. Diligent use of these formats will surely help you market your business in an effective way.
For example, you can use IGTV videos to ideas explaining product features, uses or customer testimonials. At the same time, Instagram Highlights will be a wise choice to announce new product launches or display different product categories.
3. Use hashtags to boost your campaigns
Hashtags help you to reach more relevant audience and also increase your content’s reach. Proper usage of hashtags will have a positive correlation with your engagement rates. While using hashtags make sure that you avoid generic ones and post only relevant hashtags specific to each post. Coming up with niche hashtag has the power to make your business standout.
4. Collaborate with influencers
The crux of Instagram marketing is Influencer marketing. Influencers on Instagram are people who have a massive presence and tons of followers. Influencers can promote your brand by doing mentions, posting reviews, taking over your accounts, and posting on your behalf. In addition, running contests and giveaways can also be done by influencers to boost your customer base.
5. Create content that stands out
With so many platforms out there, it is important that you create content that stands out and reaches the right audience.
To create Instagram content that stands out:
- Include formats like images, videos, gifs, memes, Boomerang videos, etc.
- Create visually-appealing posts using high-quality stock images
- Use only high-quality media in your Instagram posts
- Understand the persona of your audience and create posts to engage them
- Publish posts, preferably during the daytime on weekdays, to get maximum engagement and views
6. Leverage user-generated content
User-generated content is a great way of channeling content to your social media, especially Instagram. It not only engages your visitors but also acts as a great source for the regular flow of content to post.
A lot of businesses use user-generated content and use it on their Instagram feeds. Here are some ways in which you can leverage user-generated content to boost your reach:
- Encourage the visitors to tag your brand or use your hashtag to get a chance to be featured on your Instagram feed.
- Reward your customers by featuring their reviews, pictures, or testimonials using your product on your Instagram feed
- Repost user-generated content relevant to your brand and give credit to the original creators of the posts.
7. Measure your performance and improvise
After implementing your marketing initiatives and campaigns, the next best thing that you can do is to measure and evaluate your performance. This gives you a fair idea of what works for you and where do you face a shortfall. Such insights, in turn, can help you tweak your marketing strategy and help you improve it for the future.
You can measure the performance of your Instagram marketing campaigns either by using Instagram’s built-in analytics feature or third-party tools.
Run successful marketing campaigns to ace your Instagram marketing and win an edge over your competitors with this comprehensive guide for Instagram marketing in 2021.
Already a WooCommerce store owner? Build a Mobile App to Win More Customers
Appmaker specialises in Quality and Performance guaranteed, E-Commerce Android/iOS Apps for E-Commerce Businesses. Get in touch